Sunday, March 27, 2011

#43 Dying


Dying

Another very difficult theme for me. I found this beautiful quote after spending a lot of time looking at images of death and dying--which was not particularly pleasant...and it took me in a whole other direction.

The main image is a sketch by Adolph Hitler. Wouldn't the world be a very different place if he had succeeded as an artist?

The sun is made from two cutouts, from original texture pieces by Happysweetmama at T4L and a freebie I picked up on a bloghop.
The background was made with texture layers from J_freznel and Skeletalmess, also found at T4L.

4 comments:

  1. I love Gibran, and this is one of my favorite quotes. Beautifully illustrated. Good job on a difficult challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a difficult theme and your interpretation is beautiful ... wonderful colors and quote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still stumped on this one. You did a wonderful job in portraying this theme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a difficult if not impossible theme but you have done it proud, Linda, aided by the wonderful lines from Gibran. His idea of death is somehow soothing. Wonderful artwork.

    ReplyDelete