Sunday, February 27, 2011

#28 Sorrow



Sorrow
The main images is from a cemetery in Germany. How sad this is...
The angel is from the Graphics Fairy. I used it before in the Heaven piece.
The background was made using bits from Brenda Starr and Rubyblossom from T4L, altered with gradient layers, blending modes and PS brushes. I used one of my "go to" sets for interesting texture, called Botched Ornaments. I don't remember which free brush site I found it on, but if you Google it, you might find it. it's worth looking for.

5 comments:

  1. This wonderful piece "Whispers"! I love it!
    Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes there is a sense of sorrow and loss yet the angel behind inbues a sense of comfort as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous Linda beautiful and haunting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Usually this theme is associated with depression and grief..The beauty of this composition is that it portrays the theme with hope..lovely work..

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, Linda. I love the way the angel seems to be sheltering the woman- a very comforting image.

    ReplyDelete