Sunday, October 23, 2011

# 76--Passion and # 77 Past Days

Passion--What is Mine

Image from e-vint; background made with textures fron Cynthia Powell, Pareeerica and Shadowhouse.


Past Days Taos Pueblo Tradition

Taos Pueblo is the oldest continuously occupied pueblo in the United States.
The images are photos I took in New Mexico a few years ago. The woman is a Corn Dancer--as I recall this is a fertility dance for the planting of corn, a staple of the pueblo people's diet.
Kokopelli is a prominent spirit among the Pueblo tribes, and the sun symbol is also seen on the New Mexico state flag,

2 comments:

  1. I'm very interesting to stop here, cause you have a great articles here. Dont forget to give me back your comment into my blog too. Thanks for sharing and happy blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! And oh my..what a beautiful blog..gorgeous creations..such talent!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete