Saturday, January 29, 2011

#3 Light and #4 Dark

Light in the Storm
I used a photo of mine of the northern California shore.
Background textures from Pareeerica and Ka2rina at TExtures for Layers.
The boat I found on Google Images a while ago. I use it a lot in my work.
Darkness, Darkness
I decided to go with inner darkness as well as outer darkness for this piece. I love the images of Sarah Bernhardt that show her exhausted and "on the edge"
I used a public domain photo of Sarah from 1884. The background was created with textures by Ervin Bartis, Encounter_laura and ShadowHouse Creations, and the brushes are from a set called Botched Ornaments

4 comments:

  1. Excellent pieces! Love each one of them! Provo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both fabulous.
    I love Light, the colours and the texture. It's the sort of image that lightens your mood.
    Darkness has a real "mood" in the image. You have captured it perfectly xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice juxtaposition between the two pictures Linda...you have a very special color quality to your art it is just yummy...I love it...beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice work..taking the themes of light and darkness together has made both pieces more meaningful..thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete